Thursday, April 8, 2021

Finally Spring!

It’s Spring! And after months of staying indoors, or close by..mom and I decided to head out, soak up some sun and go on a lunch adventure!


Today, we headed west to the quaint town of Franklin. We veered off the main road, following the ‘back roads’  hoping to spy something unusual. Pollen is just beginning to cover car tops and roadways, but if you look past it, you can enjoy the springtime scenes. 


The countryside is just beginning to bud out with tiny new leaves and flower buds. Some early blooming trees and shrubs were in bloom. Oh and the Carolina Jasmine lined parts of our journey too. We wanted a picture of it, and mom would yell “there is some’ and of course it was over a ditch or on a curve where I couldn’t pull over! But I finally found a patch and jumped out of the car, took a photo, and snapped a branch of it for my mom.

  

Once in Franklin, we found ‘Serve’, a darling restaurant pub and sat down for lunch. We had a great meal, and will definitely return! I ordered the 1st & Main Cheeseburger, and mom selected the Blonde Farmer Flat Bread. Both were wonderful!
 Mom could not finish hers, and we wrapped that up for her to take home. Yes, I finished my burger!

  


On our drive home, we stopped at ‘Farmer Franks’ on Highway 58. Mom wanted fresh tomatoes, I wanted hanging baskets, and we BOTH knew there was ice-cream inside! 

We found ourselves meandering thru the displays of antique dishes and nick-nacks. Some of which I recognized from my youth so they were not THAT old!!  I am pretty sure the hanging ham was older than me! 

 

After we finished our shopping, a young man scooped up two Butter Pecan ice-cream cones and handed them to us. We quickly headed to the register but with masks on, we had to watch the drips make their way down the cone with no way to ‘lick it’ to stop! We were laughing, and tried to get the clerk to HURRY! He saw our dilemma and quickly rang us up. We hurried to the car, threw our plants and bags in, ripped off our masks and saved our ice cream cones!

  

Laughter is always on the menu when we head out, good food too. 

And if we are lucky…. an ice cream cone or two!

3 comments:

  1. We had the best time. Nothing like good food and good company to make me happy. thank you shirley for all you do for your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice day trip you had together. I look forward to reading about the trips you take with your mom in the future. I enjoyed all the pictures too. Thanks so much for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete