Saturday, June 8, 2019

Part Two of Coffee House and Wine!

...Part Two...

Coffee House and Chatham Vineyard Adventure continues!


After lunch at the beautiful Cape Charles Coffee House, we headed north a few miles to Chatham Vineyards.  This would be moms first 'official wine tasting' today! Lucky for us, my daughter Britt happened to be working at the Vineyard that day!

  


As we turned in, mom and I could see the rows and rows of grape vines with the tiny new grapes peeking beneath the vines. We pulled over to take some photos. 


Chatham includes more than 250 acres, twenty of which are designated solely to grape vines. Each acre yields over 1,700 vines. They are beautiful! 

  

Chatham Vineyards parking lot was filling up! It was obvious others had the same idea today as we did! Once inside, Britt greeted us with a big smile and whisked us away to give us a private tour of the facility. She told us about the wine making process, about the history of the Vineyard and Church Creek Wines.  


   

  


Chatham Farm has been a working farm for four centuries! The historical brick home which sits near the vineyard was built in 1818 and is named for William Pitt, the Earl of Chatham. The Winery opened in 2005 and produces wonderful wines! 



Now, on to the Wine Tasting! We enjoyed our tasting which included a half dozen different varieties made there at the Vineyard. I loved the Chardonnay Steel, mom loved the Cabernet Franc, and the Late Harvest Dessert Wine! As we sipped away, we talked about what we would ‘pair’ best with our sampled wine. All agreed chocolate would go well with any of them!


 

Mom does videos for her Instagram acct, and I suggested she do one from there. She was so cute filming while on the porch, cool breeze blowing and barrels of wine in the back! (Check her out at accidentally_aging)


Before we left, she bought a dessert wine (which I heard someone suggest it is good poured over ice cream!) As we drove away, I realized we forgot to get a photo of the three of us together! YES I turned that car around and headed back!  Moments like this do not come often; there was NO WAY we were leaving without a picture of the three of us!



Once home, mom thanked me, and as she exited the car I heard her say. “Ohhhh! My wine! And my ½ sandwich! I know what I am having for dinner tonight!"

I drove off smiling- 
So very thankful for my mom, and that we were able to share our fun day with my daughter Britt too. Truly am blessed!
  


1 comment:

  1. Ah Ha... found it. Just such a great write-up. You are really getting this blogging down pat. And, when is our next adventure. (grin)

    ReplyDelete