Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Lunch and a Little Girlie Fun

It was beautiful today, and I was in the mood for ice cream! So, I drove to Suffolk and as soon as mom finished her PT, I scooped her up for lunch. Then, maybe if I was lucky, we’d  get ice cream too!

We drove to the downtown area of Suffolk and stopped in at Amici’s Restaurant. They specialize in Pastas, Hand Tossed Pizzas (baked in a New York Style Brick Oven), sandwiches and meals. It is a quaint restaurant with amazing food! Today we elected to eat outside on their patio.


I was starving- so I ordered their Philly Cheese Steak with Onions and Peppers, served with their house cut potato chips!


Mom was more reserved…she ordered a salad and an order of bread sticks. When I commented on the bread sticks, she chuckled…”Oh, just wait to you see them!” Then after a short wait, the waitress brought our meals. Then….the platter of bread sticks arrived. Oh my gosh! Those things were HUGE! And so delish!


I opted to take my homemade chips home, and pigged out on mom’s bread stick order!

Mom recently has been feeling down. Losing a close friend always hurts. So today, I decided she needed some pampering! After our lunch, I drove her to Remedies Salon, to get pedicures!



She was really excited! Once in, I opted on a manicure instead. Our stations were just around the corner from each other and I could hear those two talking. Then I heard my mom laugh, then laugh again. It made my heart happy to hear her like that again! She needed this outing. She chose sassy peach for her toes.



 I had gel polish in light pink, we were feeling very girlie when we left!


Wait, we hadn’t had our ice cream treat yet! We racked out brains trying to think of a good place to go to get dessert (NO, I wasn’t quite full of bread sticks, still had room for ice cream!). And since I needed to go to Chesapeake to the dry cleaner, mom suggested we grab dessert (with ice cream) at a nearby Cracker Barrel. So off we went!  We ran a few errands (mom bought a piece for her GPS, and I dropped off our winter coats to be cleaned) Then, we were on our way again.

As we pulled into the parking lot of Cracker Barrel, I realized it was THURSDAY! Thursdays special is moms all-time favorite here, Turkey and Dressing. We laughed. We had come for dessert, not dressing. A new plan quickly materialized…order dessert with ice cream and a takeout order of dressing! Perfect.


But, as we sat there, looking at each other, smelling the aromas of home cooked food both started laughing! I KNEW exactly what was on her mind, because I was thinking the same thing! DRESSING it was! Yep, we ordered two plates! It was delish! And she even had a little bit to take home.



As we left, we realized, we never got any ice cream. Happy, and full, we headed home.

Our Ice Cream Adventure would have to wait until another day! 

9 comments:

  1. What a great adventure. It must have been a joy listening to your Mums laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you still have another adventure to look forward to! I love seeing you two together! Your mom sure has beautiful feet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day. Thank you, daughter of mine, for thinking of our Out To Lunch days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day!
    All my girls days out with friends centers around food. We do love to eat - not a dieter among us!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to live close enough to your mom to have a fun day of eating and eating and eating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful day!! So lovely to see the pictures of you two enjoying your time together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from your mom's blog. It's wonderful how close you both are and the food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delightful Mother and Daughter outing. I read your Mom's blog and enjoy her blog so much. So glad to see your Mom enjoying herself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a fun day--and lots of good food.

    ReplyDelete